Thursday, April 10, 2008

re enabling the backspace in Ubuntu firefox

I have been using firefox in windows for a long time. I like pressing the backspace when I want to go back in the browser. I have switched to Linux and noticed that the default behavior for the back space and shift backspace is a page up and page down. I found a way to fix this issue from this sie here.
I will tell you how it is done encase the link doesn't work. In fire fox type about:config in the url address bar. Then find the preference name: "browser.backspace_action". Change its value to 0 to chage the default behavior of the backspace to really go back in the browser. Then shift backspace will go forword also. I really like this fix. Leave comments if you liked this article.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was really great! Thanx!!

Anonymous said...

Hello!!! ubuntujourney.blogspot.com is one of the most outstanding resourceful websites of its kind. I enjoy reading it every day. ubuntujourney.blogspot.com rocks!

Anonymous said...

This is my first post I'd like to congratulate you for such a terrific made forum!
Was thinking this is a perfect way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Hilary Driscoll
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/wizard-of-oz-party-supplies.html]wizard of oz Party Supplies[/url].