Friday, May 14, 2010

Cool new trick to use to stop system beep

My computer is a Dell inspiron 1521 and the system beep it makes when ever I make an error while typing commands in MySQL are so loud it startles me. I wanted to stop the beeps so I googled it and found this page or here. Hope it helps. All you need to do is use a -b in the mysql sartup command like this:
C:\Documents and Settings\mike>mysql -uuser -ppassword -b
now you can type a bad command and it won't beep at all. Another method to use to stop it until you restart the computer is:
net stop beep
the beeps will now be off.
then use:
net start beep
and the beep starts up again.
If you want it to stop for good then use this line:
sc config beep start= disabled
then use
sc config beep start= auto
to turn it back on

No comments: