Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Here is the past, before the Journey starts.

So here is where I am going to record my progress, as I install Ubuntu Edgy Eft 6.10 on one hard drive. I have two 200 GB hard drives, which I got at Staples. They had a sale the day after Thanksgiving, last year and so it was $40 after rebates. I installed Windows XP Pro on it. Then this year I went to the sale at Staples again, and this time I got a 200GB hard drive for $20 after rebates. That is only $.10 per GB. With that price I could get a Tera-byte drive for $100. I remember paying $120 for a 20GB hard drive in 1999. At that price it would cost $6000 to buy a Tera-byte drive in 1999.

4 comments:

Zailackar said...

Hey! Did they have anything else interesting at the sale?

Unknown said...

That is an interesting name, Zailackar. The dictionary that comes with BlogSpot saysit could be Zackariah or Lackadaisic.

Zailackar said...

That last word what does it mean? I have never herd of such a name!

And you wouldn't find it in the dictionary because I made the name up for a game I play.

Jeff Day said...

Michael,

Good luck on your adventures with Linux. I think you will learn a lot along the way.

~Jeff